Where to Buy Vinyl Siding
If you’re wondering where you can buy vinyl siding for your house, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’ll tell you everything you need to know about choosing the best vinyl siding for you and a lot more.
What Is the Best Quality Vinyl Siding?
If you’re not already aware, vinyl siding is the most widely used type now, and it makes up as much as half of the entire siding market. So one thing is sure, you can’t go wrong by choosing vinyl siding over wood siding or any other type.
However, you still have to choose the exact vinyl siding as there are many brands.
First of all, know that vinyl siding can significantly improve the look of your house. That’s precisely why more and more people are opting for it. That’s also why it’s crucial to choose the best-looking and the top quality brand.
We are not going to promote specific brands to you, but we’ll tell you what features great vinyl siding needs to have. Then you’ll have an easy time choosing the brand on your own.
There are three main types of vinyl siding, and you need to choose one or a combination. Also, you need to pay attention to the following things:
- The thickness should be at least 0.040 inches, but it’s better to look for as high as 0.045 inches.
- The vinyl siding needs to have anti-weathering protection.
- It should contain titanium dioxide, as this ensures the best colorfastness. You can identify this by looking for certifications ASTM D6864, ASTM D7856, or ASTM D7251.
- The depth of the profile needs to be at least 3/4 inches for the most authentic look.
- Pay more for a brand that ensures there’s color throughout the whole panel.
Is Insulated Siding Worth the Extra Cost?
Many people ask this when they need to buy vinyl siding. It’s hard to answer this question correctly because it can differ from one home to another.
What we can tell you is that insulated vinyl is of high quality:
- It provides some insulation. No siding can give your home all of the insulation it needs.
- It looks and feels very solid. It’s also much more sturdy when compared to standard vinyl siding
- It can fit into any wall panel as it’s very flexible
All of this makes it very appealing. The only drawback is its cost. It costs more than regular siding, but if you’re looking for high quality, it will be worth it.
Can I Install Vinyl Siding Myself?
Installing vinyl siding yourself is certainly doable, and it can sometimes save you as much as half the cost of hiring professionals to do it. However, the process of installation is very long and arduous. So, if you hadn’t done it before and you’re not skilled in such work, it will probably take you a long time to finish the job. The best option is to hire the right professionals like 1-800-HANSONS. We specialize in doing this type of work for a fair price, and you don’t have to go to the trouble of doing it on your own! Schedule a free vinyl siding estimate with 1-800-HANSONS here. And find out more about siding installation cost here.